_

0750...Ladies and Gentlemen...im back home.

The past weeks have seen me living the lifestyle of a "monk"...holed up in some room surrounded by "academic SCRIPTURE".

Exams are all done...I have a feeling I did pretty well (syok sendiri!)

Anyways anyways...aside from that... IM BACK IN FRICKING DXB!

Flight was rather eventful...nothing too serious la. Snuggled in my J class seat, 2 windows through which I had a fantastic view of the Dubai skyline on approach...a lovely in-flight breakfast (i took triple servings of croissants...in this case...i love carbs :D)

Terminal 3, btw, is a marvel of architecture. It is truly superb. As gargantuan as it may be...its enormous ceilings and wide open spaces reminded me of the home i would soon be gracing after clearing immigration.



The sight of the BMW brought back ALOT of memories...as it was the first "luxury" car we ever purchased, and also the first time I ever illegally drove a car haha. I paid the cabbie...walked up through the steel gates...and it finally hit me. I sat down on the steps...and let out a huge sigh of relief.

"Mr. Khan....you're back home :) "

6 steps later, Im through the front door...and the warm, crisp, artificially-heated air brought back even MORE memories of my school days, waiting for the bus...trying to guess just HOW cold the freezing outside temperature would be...

The 15-foot ceilings surrounded me...comfy couches...and the PC (which im blogging from)...ahhh words cant describe just how good it feels to be back after 7 long months.

So essentially...i spent the entire day adjusting to the biting winter temperatures (currently 11Celcius). Clad in my FOX jacket, thick socks, and my sunglasses...i ventured out to Carrefour with the family in the evening to purchase some necessities and check out the sales! (Dubai Shopping Festival has just rolled in....and that means...a NEGATIVE balance in my maybank account :\) After getting groceries and surveying the prices, we headed back and I just crashed.

I used to be an extremely frequent flyer...doing 7 hour sectors every 3-4 months (to KL), along with little trips in between (to Jordan...Yemen etc)...so I guess my 7 month period of ABSTINENCE has affected my 'travelling clock'.

"eh eh eh...stop showing off la pariah"

Anyways...its 0811 now...and dad's not working today. Gonna head out to Dubai Festival City in a while to check out some MORE sports products on discount...and perhaps even treat myself to some Krispy Kreme doughnuts :D

I'll post some pix of my trip so far tomorrow or so.

Ciao!

0 comments: